This wound care device is patented and patent pending, and uses ultrasonic energy for the selective dissection and fragmentation of tissues, wound debridement (acute and chronic wounds, burns, diseased or necrotic tissue) and cleansing saline irrigation of the site for the removal of debris, exudates, fragments, and other matter. Not only does the Qoustic Wound Therapy System™ provide a superior debriding process, but it also allows for more control over the procedure. The unique domed shape of the QousticQurette™ significantly advances state-of-the-art technology by permitting controlled volumetric removal of unwanted tissue while focusing ultrasonic energy directly on the area of the wound being treated.
The Qoustic Wound Therapy System™ allows:
- Selective, precise, and gentle fragmentation of soft and hard tissues
- Preservation of healthy tissue through ultrasonic separation of damaged tissue
- Cleansing of the wound area with less pressure and pain
- Reduction of splash created by residuals of sharp debridement and saline wash
- Improvement in granulation of treated tissue
- Stable delivery of ultrasound energy during procedure